Skip to main content

Brief summary of January meeting

Brief summary of January meeting

by Dick Heller -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks to those who were able to attend the Zoom meeting last week. More detailed summary and recording will follow later. It was a very useful meeting and I thought I would post a short summary to this forum as it relates to the ideas of a project on Maternal and Child Health. We agreed to try to have identified the focus area/research question for our first project by end February.

We have already made some progress on identifying a project in the area of Maternal and Child Health, including the need for an initial literature search, and the discussion suggested that one possible area was maternal nutrition, possibly relating to anaemia of pregnancy. There are some nutritional supplements that might be of value, pumpkin leaves and moringa leaves, and a review of the evidence of efficacy, leading to a survey of current use followed by an intervention is a possibility. Hafsat agreed to contact Carrie to lead further discussions about this. Other ideas related to the implementation of policies on maternal nutrition.

We might want to have a discussion here on this forum, and any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Best wishes, Dick

In reply to Dick Heller

Re: Brief summary of January meeting

by Yidersal Denberu -
I am eager and very happy to see the output of this research and am ready to put my contributions .
My concerns are effects of such plants on hormones like progesterone and estrogens to avoid risks of early labor . And the effects on the baby too needs massive research